Today we had an appointment with Dr. Sullivan, the one doctor who we haven't met yet in the practice. It turns out Dr. Sullivan is at the Abington office and my appointment was at the Abington office. No, no, no, not at the Willow Grove office. Guess where Keith and I were at 4 p.m.? So now, since the appointments are all set from here until the end of the pregnancy, we will never meet the elusive Dr. Sullivan. I'm positive that's who will deliver the baby. Alas!
Had the first of many internal exams today. Dr. Piccone (who's by far my favorite doctor at the practice) did the exam and she told us that I was 1 centimeter dilated and that my cervix is beginning to thin, but not much. She was also the first one to actually touch our baby -she touched our baby's head!! She discovered to all of our delight that her head is completely engaged, which means basically, she' s ready whenever I am.
Stay posted for pics of the nursery in the next 24 hours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chris & Keith, this is awesome! I hope this all goes well and you keep it updated even when baby girl arrives. I would love to see every update on her and pictures. I know with your busy schedules it will be hard.
ReplyDeleteDenise
Thanks for all the comments Denise! It's exciting to check back and see that people actually looked at this. We figured since this would be the best way to keep people updated especially in the beginning when we'll only be able to take so many phone calls, emails, visits. Plus, Keith can update this from his phone while we're in the hospital. Most first time mothers are in labor for 16-20 hours on average and that's alot of time to kill. Originally we thought we would update through facebook (and we still will there too i think), but apparently the entire world hasn't yet been dominated by facebook, so this is also for the non-facebookers as well. Again, thanks for leaving comments, much appreciated!
ReplyDelete